Thursday, January 7, 2010

Here I Go!

I've been planning for DTS for the past several months, and now I leave in six days. Though I have had to accomplish a lot in order to be prepared to leave next week, God has been teaching me more and more about the importance in living one day at a time. That's all He gives us; one day. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. Just one day to listen, obey, and follow after Him. To enjoy everything that is around us. The people He puts in our lives and the circumstances, be it good or tough. For as much of a planner as I am, I've been finding so much freedom in living one day at a time.

So, I'm spending as much time as I can with the people I love. All the while, I am beginning to anticipate all of the wonderful friendships I will make. I'm nervous, but incredibly excited. I'm slightly scared, but looking forward to the boldness and confidence I know I will increasingly gain during this experience. I may be unsure of my circumstances right now, but I am ever confident of His presence. He is with me. This I know. He is with me. For better or worse.

I have a feeling this experience is going to change so much of how I live my life and view the rest of the time He has given me in this world. And, for that I am incredibly grateful. I am ready to be put in difficult circumstances, trials, and for Him to shape me more and more into the woman He intends me to be.

I will miss you all! Please keep in touch and let me know what is happening in your lives.

~Megan

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I am going to be able to keep up more on your life now than when you were in Seattle! Looking forward to seeing the Lord work through you, so happy for you in this chapter of your life. Much fruit will come of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to hear what He has done in the last week! Miss you pretty lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures remind me of how beautiful Hawaii is. Good choice for an adventure and a place to grow. The creator is so evident in such a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete