Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Outreach!!!!

I am so very proud to announce that I will be co-leading a team - with my friend Liz - to Indonesia and the Philippines this coming spring! We presented the 3 country options to all 27 students about 2 weeks ago, asked them to pray for about 25 minutes, and then write their chosen country on a piece of paper. Thus, our team of 8 students was developed!

What I love is that God chose to reveal the outreach location to 5 different students prior to the countries being revealed. Of our 3 male students, all of them felt called by the Lord to go to the Philippines. One of them knew a few months ago that God was drawing his heart toward the Philippines. Another one of the guys - that Friday morning - said that God spoke to his mind the country of the Philippines...but that he wasn't sure why. Haha! So cool! And, the final guy on our team was told (in a group setting with all of the school present) by another student that he thought God was speaking the country "Philippines" to him. So...all of our male students feel the Lord directing them toward the Philippines...and all before the option was even made known to them by the staff. :)

One of the girls on our team said that God spoke Indonesia to her during her time spent with God that morning. And, one of our staff confirmed that she had seen "Indonesia" written on her notebook paper before the option was even given! One of our other female students has felt called to the Philippines for quite some time. :)

I'm explaining all of this because I love the way God lets us in on secrets!! Just because we - the staff - hadn't told them didn't mean that God was going to wait. I love it!!

So, come the end of March, Liz and I will be leading this team of 8 incredible students to Indonesia (for about 7 weeks) and the Philippines (for about 3 weeks). I couldn't be more excited. Yet, I know that the Lord will only continue to give me more and more of a heart for these countries and for the students He has put in our care. I feel so privileged to be partnering with what God is doing in these lives!!

More to come...

~Megan

1 comment:

  1. Very excited for you Megs, what an amazing opportunity! Praying for you as God continues to prepare you for this Outreach.

    ReplyDelete