Sunday, April 1, 2012

A new quarter!

It has been so long since I last posted an update. I've been back from my last outreach for almost 6 weeks. There has been a lot of transition on our base as I graduated my students and sent them off to their homes. Our base has also commissioned (sent out) 5 teams in the past week to 4 different countries, moved families on our base into different base houses, and prepared for the new School of Biblical Studies (SBS) that is beginning this week! We have 18 new SBS students arriving tomorrow!

I have enjoyed about a year-and-a-half of staffing the Discipleship Training School. I have had the privilege of walking through life with three different DTS schools, two of which I was honored to lead teams on outreach. I have loved my time as DTS staff. But, a new season is coming for me. I am feeling led by the Lord to take on a different role for our base, and to commit more time into building relationships in my community. I am committing to two years in the position of Personnel. Essentially, I will be responsible for knowing all of the available staffing positions on the base, placing people in those positions, and helping to continue the discipleship process with the YWAM Honolulu staff. Basically, I get to love on the staff! I get to love on the people who are loving on other people, which is one of my biggest passions and dreams. And, God is fulfilling it! In addition, this new job will allow me more time to get connected more into the Honolulu community. Yay!


As the April quarter (April-June) begins, I am going to be training more thoroughly to take on this position full-time in July, as well as helping out with purchasing food for our base kitchen. It will be a full quarter, but I am greatly looking forward to it! 


Stay tuned as I continue to fill everyone in on the goings-on of YWAM Honolulu and the greater Honolulu community. So excited about this new season!





No comments:

Post a Comment