Sunday, December 4, 2011

Leaving on a jet plane!

Hi friends!

At this time tomorrow, I will be on a plane headed for southeast Asia! My team is very ready. All of my student's finances came in, and she was even still able to be on our same flight! :) Major answered prayer. :)

I am blessed with an incredible co-leader - Jimmy - and five incredibly beautiful, kind, and loving women. Please, be praying for us as we continue to grow closer to the Lord, each other, and immerse ourselves in new cultures, loving on the local people. :) I am so excited!

Of the couple of outreaches I have been blessed to go on in the past couple of years, I am definitely most excited about this one. Perhaps it's the ways that the Lord has been growing and stretching me. Or, maybe it is the promises He has been making to me regarding this particular outreach. We are going to have FUN! But, either way, I am going with great expectations that the Lord is already moving in these countries, and I just get to be a part of it. :) I'm believing that I will fall so in love with these cultures, that coming back to Hawaii will be a difficult thing for me. :)

This is my first Christmas away from my dad. I know...I'm 28 years old. How is that possible?! But, I have a wonderful dad and actually enjoy spending the holidays with him. Though I know there may be times that this is a sad thing for me, it is an honor to be missing a family Christmas so that I can see people meet Jesus in another country! It is an honor to serve my God.

This has been an incredible lecture phase (September - now), and I have great expectations of the wonderful things God is wanting to do in and through my team over the next few months. He has shown Himself to be a great provider, healer, and restorer! I can't wait to see all He has in store!!

I will do my best to send updates while I am in Taiwan (until January 2nd). But, after that I will be unavailable until I arrive back in Hawaii on February 21st. :)

So, thank you again to all of you who have jumped on this outreach with me; both in financial support, and through your prayers and love. I truly would not want to do this without all of you!

Lots and lots of love!
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment