Saturday, January 5, 2013

A Fresh Year!


 Fresh Year 

Oahu Sunrise

A new year! As I walked around the Manoa Valley neighborhood on New Year's Day, I was reminded that His mercies are truly new every morning (Lamentations 3:23). While I am grateful for the beginning of a fresh year, the newness, excitement, and expectation it brings, I am also so glad that I only have to wait 24 hours for fresh mercy! (And, I'd say our good God is probably willing to supply that new mercy just about any time of the day). :) Just a little food for thought...and our souls. 
YWAM Honolulu Base Life

YWAM Honolulu commissioned out four teams of 8 staff and 40 students to southeast Asia at the end of December. We also were able to celebrate with 12 incredibly relieved School of Biblical Studies (SBS) students as they graduated from their nine months of intensive Bible study. A few of them are now off in Asia - as well as one who stayed in Hawaii - teaching others how to inductively study the Bible! 

After a couple weeks of vacation (time of which I spent with my Dad; our first Hawaiian Christmas!), YWAM Honolulu picked back up on December 31st, ready to prepare our base for the new group of students we will be receiving this coming week! We are currently expecting 26 English DTS students, as well as 12 Korean DTS students! Our base is also preparing to undergo some major construction. We will be repairing our main office building, which includes two attached family houses. During this season we will be blessed with the hard-working hands volunteering to help us complete this project in a timely and cost-effective manner. If you, or someone you know, may be desirous to volunteer their professional contracting, plumbing, electrical, etc skills and time (a couple weeks) in the upcoming months, please contact me! :)

Provision from the Lord & Personal Life

During the last weekend of December, 2012, I was blessed with a friend's apartment as she and her husband were visiting family on the mainland. Peace and quiet gave me the opportunity to reflect on the past year, God's faithfulness, and fresh expectations for 2013. 

In 2011, I had spent Christmas and New Year's in Taiwan with my amazing outreach team. On New Year's Eve, I had treated myself to Starbucks and began journaling the incredible things God had taught me in 2011. After praising Him for these marvelous works, I then began dreaming big dreams for 2012. Here are the specific requests I wrote down that I have seen the Lord fulfill!!

Snappin' a pic of the view from my Taiwan Starbucks!
     - "I want to grow in my gifting of intercession"
           And, I have ! God has given me more of a desire to intercede, for friends, family, and others. He has
           put people in my life who are gifted and experienced in the area of intercession. People who see this
           similar gifting in me, and have been able to help encourage and challenge this in me.
    - "I want past friends to receive Your love this summer at my high school reunion."
           I was able to go to my reunion! Something I had never quite expected to want to do. It was so 
           wonderful to be able to catch up with old friends. To hear what is happening in their lives. To listen.
           Though I wish I had been able to spend more time, I believe the Lord used this. God, I ask that You
           would continue to pour out Your love on them!
    - "Free healthcare!"
           YES! I applied, and was accepted, to receive state healthcare! Thank you Jesus! This came in very 
            handy in late summer when I was able to go in for a physical. My doctor found a lump in my right 
            breast. Because of my great healthcare, I was able to get a mammogram and ultrasound, both 
            with clear results! The lump was suddenly gone (with much prayer!) and I am healthy! Praise Jesus!
    - "I want to be a Hawaiian resident!"
           Check! Earlier in 2012, I made my way to the DOL and got myself an official Hawaii state driver's 
           license! God has called me to this beautiful state, and I am excited for all the plans He has in store!
    - "$500/month in support (monthly supporters)"
           Through prayerful trust, in September, I saw this goal met! It was a goal I felt the Lord impress 
           on my heart to pray for. Though it is not always met by monthly support, somehow this provision
           continues to come in. I always have what I need, and when I need it. I have had regular supports, 
           who I am SO grateful for, many of which have little themselves. I am humbled by their support. 
           Additionally, I have seen one-time gifts that have blessed my heart exceedingly! So, THANK YOU to 
           all of you who have given when you were able and felt led! I am grateful! :)

And probably the most miraculous answered prayer/desire of the year:
My journal entry - Dec. 31st, 2011

This is what I asked for. And, God has PROVIDED! His provision may not always come in the way we expect or hope. I never dreamed 2012 would be the year I would say goodbye to my beautiful grandmother. But, I was able to say goodbye as she was welcomed into the Father's embrace. Though I did not have the privilege of watching her follow Jesus during my years of knowing her, I have great assurance from the Lord that, in her last days, she received Him. As I reflected on my hopes for 2012, I could only be astonished at the thought that the Lord had answered one of my deepest desires, and in the most perfect way; that my Grandma would have eternity with her Creator,Jesus Christ. 

As we all look forward into 2013, I urge us to listen carefully to His voice, and be expectant and prayerful for those things He puts on our hearts! He is a good, good God! If my bank account were to drop, my supporters were unable to give, my car was no more, I would still look to the God of my salvation with awe and complete trust. He is worthy! He has already paid the greatest price imaginable, that I should have LIFE with Him; abundant and eternal. I am utterly dependent on His presence, and ever grateful for the extra gifts He pours out. I receive these gifts and pray He continues to help me steward them well!

Blessings upon you and your families & friends in 2013...and today

Lots of love,
~Megan
    

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweet Girl,
    Thank you for sharing your heart and God's faithfulness to you.
    Love and Hugs,
    Leslie Lillibridge

    ReplyDelete