Thursday, February 28, 2013

Moving Off Base!


YWAM Honolulu Base Life

As I had mentioned in January's post, we have begun rebuilding projects on the Honolulu base! We have been truly blessed by people who have volunteered time, skills, and finances to help us move along in this project. Our office building is on its way to being a much safer building to work in! Yay!

We graduated those 40 students from the September quarter DTS, in mid-February, and will welcome some of them back to do the 9-month CSBS (Chronological School of Biblical Studies) in July! We also are well underway with our January quarter DTS and KDTS (Korean DTS) as they are diving deeper into their personal relationships with the Lord through lectures, worship, prayer, and reaching out to our local Oahu community. It is so fun having them on base! 

Provision From The Lord & Personal Life

I was able to join my YWAM friends in Langley, BC, Canada last week to stand up with two wonderful friends of mine as they said "I do" to one another! The Lord released me to plan for this trip last year, and I am so glad He did! Not only was it a blessing and honor to be in their wedding, but I was able to see other YWAM friends I hadn't seen in years, and able to make my way to Seattle for a family and friends visit! 

So, here I am in Seattle! I arrived Sunday late morning, only to begin feeling ill Sunday afternoon! Yesterday (Wednesday) I finally started feeling better. God's plans are often much different than ours. I had planned to visit with friends on Tuesday and Wednesday, and then to visit family in eastern WA from Thursday to Saturday. I cancelled those plans, partially due to health, and largely due to God's calling to REST and be with Him. And, what a wonderful time I have had! Fresh strength and renewed vision for a big upcoming change! 

Speaking of Change!

When I arrive back in Honolulu next week, I will begin packing up my room and will move off base on Friday, March 8th. One our YWAM Honolulu's elders, and dear friend of mine, has been battling cancer for the last few years. The cancer was found to have metastasized into her bones this past summer. She has been pursuing treatments and is still of great faith that God can heal her, as am I! 

However, the present reality of her physical health is that she needs help. Her husband passed away four years ago after his long battle with cancer. And, her sisters and brother live on the mainland. They have been so supportive, traveling to spend weeks at a time with her. But, her need for someone longer term has increased. The Lord put it on my heart in December to move in with her and help take care of her present needs. Through tons of prayer and wonderful counsel, I have made the decision to make the  move! 

What I am learning from this situation is ongoing. He continues to remind me that I need to rely on people. I cannot do this alone. I need a support system around me as I begin to take on the responsibility of caring for my friend. That is where you all come in! As you feel led, I would ask for you to please partner with me in prayer. Prayer for my friend's healing, and prayer that I will have wisdom (both from outside counsel & divine moment-by-moment wisdom) to know what God has called me to pick up and what He has not. 

My job as Personnel Director will remain the same. I will now be commuting to the base for meetings. However, I am very aware that this move will greatly affect my life. 

There is so much more I could say. So much more the Lord is teaching me, even as I enter into this. So, if you would like to know more, please feel free to ask! As I head into this new season, I am full of faith and hope for God's healing in my friend's life, as well as continued healing in mine.

Blessings!
~ Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment