Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Let's Mix It Up


Just when I think that I have figured out where and what I will be doing, God reminds me that He loves to mix it up for me. That reminder has come, yet again.

Four years ago, I left WA, prepared to be called by the Lord long-term to a country. After completing my six-month DTS (Discipleship Training School), He asked me to return to YWAM Honolulu as volunteer staff. He has grown my faith, willingness to “go”, and trust in Him and His plans.

While He had helped me break out of the security box I had built for myself in WA, somehow, I put myself in another box; this one located in the beautiful state of Hawaii. He told me Hawaii was my new home. So, I did my best to make it such. The first year and a half of my staffing experience with YWAM Honolulu, I was privileged to be directly involved with the DTS program, discipling students. My heart’s desire was to learn how to disciple as Jesus did. Many failings and victories later, I am still learning! Good thing discipleship is a life-long process. During my season as DTS staff, I had the opportunity to lead teams of students to the Philippines, Indonesia, and Taiwan.

Then, after Taiwan, God asked me to step into my current role as Personnel Director. Here is where God’s plan and my plan diverge. Though He had asked me to make a two-year commitment to this role, I intended to stay in it until otherwise directed by Him, thinking this would be quite a while. Well, direction came earlier than I expected. During a recent trip in October to a YWAM base in Herrnhut, Germany, God began to stir a desire in me to be a student in a secondary school at their base; the School of Intercessory Prayer (SOIP).

After my two week stay in Germany, God spoke to me about my current commitments – which both happen to end this March – and about the upcoming SOIP beginning in April. So, through prayer and a lot of faith, I’ve now been accepted to the SOIP this April!! I’m believing God for much right now. I’m believing Him for the plan and the finances. I have to trust that the roles I leave behind will be filled by Him with the right people. I am leaving behind incredible friends and experiences. I am leaving the home I intended to live in for years to come, heading into another unknown future! It’s scary and exhilarating at the same time. He is shaking me up again, asking me to rely fully on His plan and His timing.

It is entirely possible I could end up back here in beautiful Hawaii again. But, at this point, He is not giving me clear direction for the distant future. I simply know the next couple moves, and that’s all. To be honest, it’s all I need. In Him is all I have ever needed, all I currently need, and all I will ever need. I trust Him. He is with me. He prepares the way for me, as I choose to let go of understanding and, instead, cling to His ways, trusting that He will make my paths straight! (Proverbs 3:5-6).

Now come the prayer needs! My desire is to finish well with my current commitments, both with YWAM Honolulu as Personnel Director, and as the live-in caregiver for my sweet friend, Kim. She continues to battle cancer, and – unless God does a quick miracle – will most likely need a person to replace me beginning April. Please pray for both of these separate roles, as they are incredibly relational. Pray that God would bring the right people who are desirous to fill the role, as well as feel called by the Lord. As I prepare to leave for the SOIP in just a couple short months, I am in need of about $5,000. God is big enough, and I have full faith that He will provide! Please partner in prayer with me for this! And, of course, prayer for Holy Spirit to walk me through this process. I am in relationship with people here, have grown closer to Jesus here, and this will be an emotional transition for me.

More updates to come as this process unfolds. I am grateful for your prayers and support.

Much love,

Megan

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful and faith filled update! So much of what you write about is universal to us all. We are a people of faith and God wants us all to be open and willing to go/change. He sometimes surprises even those of us who seemingly live traditional lives. None of us can see around the corner. Sometimes we mistakenly think we can, but we make 'plans' and HE IS the real 'Plan'. God go with you, my dear Megan Rogrit! p.s.Dan is most happy to have you home if the time comes. Did you doubt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Rogrit! I guess my parents are running a 1/2 way house, i.e. Aaron and I whenever Im on maternity leave or moving to Hawaii then Ash and Ry and now you. They love it though and I do too! Makes home with my parents more like it was when I was growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before. Oahu yard service"

    ReplyDelete