Sunday, November 17, 2013

All Things Germany!



As many of you know, I recently took a two week outreach to Germany! My friend, Maria, and I ministered to the Revive DTS at YWAM Herrnhut. Maria spoke for two weeks on the topics of Holy Spirit, Intercession, and Spiritual Warfare.

On a cool, fall Germany day, surrounded by a couple hundred students and staff worshiping God, I suddenly understood why I have looked forward to my 30th birthday for so many years. God had planned an epic birthday gift for me, in the form of an outreach to my first European country! I spent my first night as a 30-year old in a castle that is older than the United States of America. I found myself so grateful for this life I get to live with Jesus, and for His endless blessings!


That's right, Maria! You tell us about Holy Spirit!


During these two weeks, while Maria taught and met with students & staff, I was able to do much of the same. During her teachings, I prayed! Prayed that God would have His way in these students' hearts, minds, and lives. Prayed for Maria's family, as her son had been sick for most of our time away. Prayed for Maria's strength to continue. I prayed. I also met with staff & students to encourage, pray for them, and speak truth of God's heart for them. It was a blast!





Revive DTS students & staff praying for Maria and I on the last day


Before heading on this trip, I knew God was stirring up in me His passion for intercession and worship. Let me just say that He followed through. I was stirred. In just the two short weeks that we were there, Maria and I both formed wonderful friendships with many of the staff, and saw incredible breakthrough for the students. One young man gave his life to the Lord. I witnessed one young lady received a deeper revelation of God's acceptance of her and radical love for her.

I again was reminded of the intensity of growth in the Lord that occurs when we put ourselves under the discipleship of others, expecting God to move, and worshiping Him with our lives. It is beautiful!



There are many more stories I could tell - and I likely will do so in upcoming blogs - but for now, suffice it to say, I was blessed. I poured out and got filled all at the same time. Holy Spirit refreshed me in Herrnhut, Germany, reminding me of who I am, the spiritual gifts I carry, and that I am enough.

Love...to worship...Jesus. Nuf' said. 

We even had the opportunity to travel to Dresden for the day, seeing the sights, enjoying incredible architecture, and of course - one of my many talents - eating the delicious food!


        
Just chillin' with Martin Luther...well, the statue at least





Beautiful church building, beautiful architecture


Mmmm...Bratwurst!!!
 

Thank you to those of you who provided for this trip financially, as well as those who invested in prayer. I am incredibly grateful for you!

Here are a few more pictures for you to enjoy!



Bedroom window! Beautiful view everyday!
YWAM Herrnhut Wasserschloss (water castle), where I
spent my first night as a 30-year old!



Graveyard in Herrnhut, where Count Zinzendorf is buried



Visited our wonderful friend, Ian,
who is leading the current Revive DTS, among many other responsibilities.


Minor motion sickness en route to Dresden...completely worth it!

Great Story! As Maria and I were waiting to board our first flight, out of Honolulu, I went to the airport Starbucks to buy some breakfast for us. Standing in line, the mugs caught my eye, and I clearly felt the Lord leading me to buy a Hawaii Starbucks mug. I knew it would be a gift for someone, but wasn't sure who.
Meet,  Erick Jansen. He and his beautiful wife, Sarah are on staff at YWAM Herrnhut. A week after we arrived, Erick celebrated his birthday. As Maria and I prepared to go celebrate with them,  I wished to myself that I had something to give him...the MUG!
The mug was for Erick!!! Of course the Lord would have me purchase a mug in Hawaii for a young man I hadn't even met yet! The best part...Erick was a student in the School of Worship in Kona, Hawaii last year. :) He later told me he had never purchased a Hawaii Starbucks mug while he was there...now he has one! God is FUN!

And, of course, celebrating my 30th birthday en route to Germany!
Thanks Lyndy for the great light-up birthday necklace!
All of the sleeping people on the plane were super excited about it, too!

And, a special thank you to Maria Daughtry, amazing wife, mother, daughter, and friend! Her love for the Lord, and honesty in her relationship with Him is encouraging, beautiful, and causes me to be spurred on in the Lord. Even amidst the focus of encouraging the Revive DTS staff, students, and base leadership, Maria continued to make time to minister to me, through prayer, being an ear to listen, and a mouth to speak wisdom. Maria, I am SO grateful for your friendship, mentorship, and nurturing in my life. I LOVE you!!


Blessings!
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Megan, mahalo for the call and visit! Good posts about Germany and Kim. See you for Thanksgiving. Aloha! Love, Marsha

    ReplyDelete