Saturday, March 26, 2011

God Provides!!!

Hi friends and family,

Thank you so much to those of you who have provided to me financially, and also to those who have been faithfully praying! I have seen all of my financial outreach needs met! Hurray!!!

On top of that, yesterday we saw the final thousands drop and the announcement that our last two students would be going on outreach (one of which is on my team). Thank you Jesus! We would have felt the absence had he not been able to go. It is absolutely faith-building to have seen God provide around $40,000 in the last few weeks for students and staff. God is so faithful! Some donations have been from family and friends, while others have been completely anonymous and unexpected. It's incredible to witness the generosity of people.

With that, we continue to prepare for outreach. As a team, we have spent the last few days preparing ourselves mentally, physically and spiritually for our departure to Indonesia on Wednesday. I cannot believe how quickly it's come. One of my favorite moments in preparation came as our team was dropped off on Hotel Street (high homeless population) on Thursday night and given the mission to complete two open airs. An open air is basically a loud church service in the middle of the street, directed toward those who don't know Jesus. We usually start with an attention-getter, such as a dance. Then, a skit or drama displaying some aspect of God. We performed a drama that hammers the point that Jesus has died to take the burdens that we carry on a regular basis. His desire is to carry them for us. Very powerful drama and message. We also had a time of worshiping God, as well. The reason this was my favorite moment of outreach prep was that a man - who had felt very burdened - walked by as we were worshiping and said he could feel the difference. He asked one of my male students for prayer, and my student ended up leading this man to the Lord! This man accepted Christ - even though he had been raised in a Christian environment. Such an incredible moment!!!! This is only the beginning of the incredible things I know that God will do through our team in Indonesia and the Philippines.

Today is a rest day for me, so I am currently nursing my cold and attempting to think as little as possible about outreach preparation in order to give my mind a rest. :)

My main purpose for writing today is truly to say thank you! Your sacrifices have blessed me tremendously, and I really do appreciate it. :)

Blessings!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment