Saturday, March 12, 2011

Life with Jesus this week...

It's worth it. It's all worth it. Following Jesus is all-inclusive. "Now if we are children, then we are heirs - heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory" (Romans 8:17). It is my privilege to share in it all.

This week has come with both sufferings and glory. I've begun to feel the reality that we are leaving for Indonesia in less than three weeks. God has brought me so much freedom in the past months to not stress as much in the things I cannot control anyway. But, I am still learning. So, sometimes it is a fight for me to trust God fully. To trust that He has my back. To simply listen to His word for me and only pick up the things He is asking me to pick up. To do less or more would be disobedience. So, in my obedience to only do what He has asked of me, I trust that He will take care of the rest.

And, He is providing! I still needed a bit more money for my staff fees this month, and a couple from my church family here in Hawaii sent a financial gift to me that will cover the rest of what I need. So cool! The Lord reminds me this week that He is my provider in ALL things. I am never in want when I am relying fully on my Creator.

I have found a lot of peace the past few weeks in Psalm 23. I pray that same peace for you...

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul.
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,
for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You annoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell
in the house of the LORD forever."

~Megan

1 comment:

  1. Megan,

    Thank you so much for sharing your heart. You are so amazing, Megan! I'm joyful and encouraged by all that you shared and I look forward to hearing about what the Lord is going to do through you and your team in Indonesia. I'm guessing extraordinary things..... How exciting! I have been thinking of you lately, and I'm just so thankful for knowing such a lady who stands firm on integrity and who loves the Lord at all times. You express love outwardly regardless of where you are in life. You are so honest with the Lord, Megan. You remind me of Job. You are trusting in the Lord and not doing anything less or anything more to make YOU feel better, but to bring glory to HIS name. You are such a faithful follower and example for others. I see no better position for you, Megan. You are where you belong, leading and teaching others to trust the Lord. I'm proud of you. Thank you for reaching me from so far away.You always do. I love you friend. Blessings over you, and I'm praying for unity and strength within your team. You are so loved and missed!!!!

    Love your friend,

    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete