Saturday, November 19, 2011

An answered prayer...

Our beautiful school! (with a few staff missing)
This has been a week to remember. I've watched as the number of needed funds has dropped about $20,000! The school, as a whole, is still in need of about $30,000. But, what a blessing! (Please be praying with us for this money to come in!)

For me, personally, I have seen so many of my friends feeling led to support me on this outreach. I continue to be surprised and blessed by those of you who have given. :) Thank you! I had mentioned to you all that I was still in need of about $800. Well, that number is now down to about $230! (Just received another donation this morning).

Some of you may have also noticed that I have added a "Donations" page that you can click on at the top of my blog. On it is a "Donate" PayPal button. So exciting for me! I feel like I've entered the 21st century! Haha. :) Hopefully this will be an easier way for people to donate in the future than sending checks.

On another note...there has been a particular prayer request I have had for the last couple of months. As I continue to live my life here in Hawaii, I have been mentioning my desire (and efforts) to get more involved in the greater community of Honolulu. One of the things that would make this a lot easier would be to have a car. So, feeling led by the Lord to ask Him, I began asking back in September for Him to provide me with a car. More specifically, I asked Him to have someone GIVE me a car. Only a few people knew I was praying for this. Well...it happened!!!! Friends of mine on the island (one of them a past student) are being given a car in March by their friends who are moving off of the island. As they were praying about what to do with her current car, they felt led to give it to me! It is completely paid off and in great condition! A Ford Focus! I am overwhelmed this week by the obedient generosity of others and the great provision & kindness of my Heavenly Father. :) He truly is a Father who loves to give His children good gifts (Matthew 7:11).

Lastly, I am learning this week that my hope and provision truly is in Him. God will not call me somewhere and then not provide the basic needs for me to get there. I am believing! I am believing that this outreach is going to be the most fruitful (spiritually) that I have been on yet. I'm believing that my students are going to thrive in Asia, loving on people, praying for people, and serving people. I'm believing that, as a team of seven, we are going to grow closer and closer as a family, learning how to love each other well.

"By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 13:35

Blessings! And, have a great weekend!
~Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment