Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Spring in Hawaii!


YWAM Honolulu Base Life

Life is happening on the base! We are currently running a CBCC (Chronological Bible Core Course), which is our 3-month version of our 9-month CSBS (Chronological School of Biblical Studies). Eight students are currently diving into the Word, studying inductively, and learning timeless truths. We also have a group of six DTS (Discipleship Training School) students who are drawing closer to the Lord each day. They are also preparing to head to Bangladesh in just about a month!

As a base, we are desiring to be more and more involved in our local community. At the beginning of the quarter, we took part in a neighborhood stream cleaning. There is a stream that runs alongside our property, and we had the privilege of cleaning a LOT of trash out of there! Tires, old metal car parts, glass, plastics, and much more. We had done this previously in February, as well, and were so surprised to find that there was still a lot of trash to pull out. 

On our way to clean and super excited!

This group was not afraid to get a little dirty!

In late April, we volunteered through the week at Noelani Elemantary. They were preparing for their 50th Anniversary PTA fundraiser. Our staff and students turned out to help make Haku leis, as well as serving in various arenas on the day of the event; everything from selling food and directing drivers in the parking lot, to taking care of kids. We all had a such a blast!

I am still serving as Personnel Director for YWAM Honolulu. This quarter, I have also been blessed to be leading the base staff women's small group. I love pouring into people who are blessing, serving and pouring into others! These women are beautiful. In addition to this, I am also teaching a small group within the DTS for the female staff and students for the next month. Our subject is regarding finding our identity in the Lord; no small feat to teach! I am honored to lead this time, and would love your prayers!

Provision From The Lord & Personal Life

God continues to bless me with His abundant provision! This past week, my cousin Amy came to visit me, which was a blessing in and of itself. My car was having some issues, and the problem was diagnosed as the starter. Not what I was hoping to hear. I knew I had some work on my car I was needing to get done soon, but the starter was not on the list! Amy graciously paid for the full bill, including all of the supplies for everything else that needed fixing! I have wonderful friends on the base who are willing to put in the labor, and really only needed the parts. Such a blessing!

I also just got my notice from Quest medical insurance (Hawaii state insurance) that my benefits will continue this year! I had to send renewal papers & bank statements a couple of months ago, and had not heard back until now. I am so grateful for wonderful medical!

ALSO...I am heading to Germany for a short-term outreach! A friend of mine has been invited to speak in the DTS at the Herrnhut, Germany base for two weeks in October. When I heard about this, something (Holy Spirit) started stirring inside me. I really wanted to go with her! When she accepted the invitation a couple of days later and told me to begin praying the finances in for me to go, I realized I should probably ask God if this was in His plan for me. I honestly really expected Him to say no. But...He said YES! I had no idea how the finances would come in, but knew if He was calling me to do this, He would provide. Before the outreach was official, I already had half of the airfare in! God is so faithful. So, in October, I will be heading to Germany as an administrative assistant to my friend, worship leader, intercessor, and prayer ministry helper. I am so grateful to be blessed to serve my friend and the DTS students, in Herrnhut, Germany in the ways I most love; through prayer and worship! I am humbled, honored, and so unbelievably grateful for this life with my Jesus! I would greatly appreciate your prayers as I prepare spiritually and financially for this outreach. 

Life with Kim

As I shared in my lost post, I moved off base to live with a good friend of mine, and YWAM Honolulu's,  who is currently fighting cancer. Kim was in need of physical help at home, and I strongly felt the Lord's leading back in December to move in with her in March. 

I have now been living with Kim for nearly 3 months. Practically, I have been taking care of grocery shopping, light cleaning, laundry, cooking, and driving Kim to appointments, as well as helping to be a communication point for Kim's family in regards to her physical progress. Personally, Kim and I have grown a great friendship. She has incredible wisdom, grace, and humility. I am challenged by her faith and heart to bless others in the midst of her current trials. She has an incredible love for and trust in the Lord. We pray nearly every night together, believing God for physical healing, as well as movement in our lives in every aspect. We have seen miracles happen through prayer, and have been mutually blessed. 

I have no plans, at this point, to leave. Kim is still in need, and God continues to give me grace and the desire to serve, bless, and be blessed in this home. I ask for continued prayers for both Kim and myself. Healing, grace, kindness. Really, anything Holy Spirit leads you to pray. 

God is good!

Blessings!
~ Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment