Sunday, July 28, 2013

Summer Fun & Germany Outreach Update!


YWAM Honolulu Base Life

Continued transition has led us into the summer quarter at YWAM Honolulu! Our April DTS Bangladesh team has been on outreach for the past month. The 3-month Chronological Bible Core Course students have graduated, ushering in a fresh and eager group of students who will also be partaking in inductive Bible study through our 9-month Chronological School of Biblical Studies! We also have a wonderful Korean Discipleship Training School running on the base right now. All of these students bring such joy and life to the base. 

After six months of much hard labor from many wonderful YWAM staff and community volunteers, our office building is now newly renovated! It looks fantastic. :) I was able to move into my new office space, and am so grateful for the privacy. I am now able to have a space for quiet and uninterrupted meetings, phone calls, and other Personnel work. 

Provision From The Lord & Personal Life

It is always a blessing when friends and family are able to come visit! This week, my friend Stephanie came to town! She and her mom have been staying at the Aulani Disney Resort on the island and invited me to join them. I stayed a couple of nights with them and had so much fun! 

One of the things God has been speaking to my heart in the past year is that He wants to teach me to love the things I previously have not liked. Heights, different foods...and apparently this week, people dressed up in costumes! Haha. 


I wasn't even scared! Hurray!! I love that God cares about even these seemingly small areas of fear in my life. I don't want to pigeonhole myself, even in areas of likes and dislikes. 

On another note, I have begun to learn a little bit of hula! Trust me, it is a very small start, but it has been so fun to begin learning the basics. It is such a beautiful dance, and I have really felt led by the Lord to begin learning and getting more involved in Hawaiian culture. A friend and I also attended the 36th Annual Prince Lot Hula Festival a week ago. Many halaus (hula schools) came to dance for the festival. It was beautiful! 

Dancing at the Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center in Waikiki

Life with Kim

In June, we celebrated Kim's birthday!! Such a fun time. :) Many of her friends wrote sweet birthday notes, and I compiled them in a scrapbook of sorts. I've been getting more crafty lately. :) 

I even made Kim a Neopolitan Cheesecake (one of my mom's old recipes). Mmmm....
On a really huge praise note, Kim has recently received great news that the cancer in her bones now shows stability and even improvement! This means that great efforts of prayer and current treatments are working! This is a great encouragement as we continue to press forward in faith for Kim's 100% healing! Please, continue to pray with us that Kim would not experience negative side effects of the treatments and that  any damage from past treatments would be all healed up! :) 

Germany Outreach!

As I mentioned in my last post, I will be heading to Herrnhut, Germany in October to help my friend as she teaches in the DTS at the YWAM base. I will be helping lead worship, praying for students, and interceding as my friend teaches. We will be there for two solid weeks, and would love partners in prayer! If you are interested in receiving email updates during our time in Germany, please let me know!

The YWAM base in Herrnhut has an incredible hospitality policy, and the only thing I really need to pay for is my flight and any additional personal expenses while I am there. Most of my finances have come in, but I am still in need. If you would like to partner with me financially, please click on the "donations" tab on the right of my blog homepage. THANK YOU! :)


Blessings!
~ Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment