Friday, October 28, 2011

Learning to rest...

I am learning to rest. It's a biblical principle - and command - but so often I forget just how important it is to live it out. By the end of last week, all of the school staff here were getting pretty worn out. Our schedule is a bit more packed than anyone intended.

I want to brag on our school leaders a bit. :) I am so blessed to have the leadership in my life that I do. They came to us - the staff - on Monday evening and told us that they were going to revise the schedule!! So, we now have an extra night off during the week. Plus, a couple of activities were combined giving us a bit more free time. Yay!!! It has helped my week so much, and has given me the opportunity to get a few things checked off of my "to-do" list. Yay! Oh ya...and then they took us all out to the Cheesecake Factory! Mmmm...the Chicken Madeira was AMAZING! I highly recommend it. :)

On another note, I have become a bit more involved in my local community this quarter. My church has a few "life groups" (basically small group settings) during the week. I'm involved with one on Wednesday nights that has been focusing on a study in freedom. And, my friend and I (from the base) have gone to the Friday night Young Adults life group a couple of times. In fact, I'm getting ready to head there in a couple of hours! I'm finding it so helpful to be getting involved with friends outside of Youth With A Mission. It's been fun to get to know new people in the community and a bit more about island culture. I love Hawaii!

In honor of being intentional with my rest, I will be taking my second full rest Saturday this weekend! :) (With the exception of maybe heading to the bank to make a deposit). I did this last weekend, and it helped so much with the beginning of my week! So, I'm planning on it again!

Oh...and a couple of great praise reports! I received a couple of unexpected financial donations this week that will help pay for my November staff fees! Yay!! So, thank you to those of you who gave. It is so appreciated and incredibly helpful! And, thank you so much to my regular supporters - both in finances and prayer. I am so blessed to have you all in my life!

Blessings!
Megan


1 comment: